Re: Missing/Rough Running

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 17:21:32 EDT

At 05:08 PM 6/18/02 +0000, you wrote:
>--SNIP -- I got around Atlanta when she started running rough,
>sounds like it's missing! My mileage went from 18.5 to 14.5.
>--SNIP -- Any other ideas? What are the symptoms of
>bad "belly pan" gasket and what is that really?!

Pinging and abnormal loss of oil. The stock beer
barrel intake manifold consists of 2 parts. The belly pan
gasket goes between the upper and lower part of this intake
manifold.

This may be totally unrelated to the new plugs and wires.

I can think of two areas which might cause these symptoms;
failed catalytic converter or O2 sensor although this sensor does
not usually fail suddenly. Has the sensor been replaced?
If not, it may be a good candidate at 92,000 mi. A faulty
sensor will cause the computer to run abnormally rich in
closed loop. HTH.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG