2000 Dakota (Torsion Bar)

From: fender (fender@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 01:21:40 EDT

A co-worker of mine at work has 2000 Quad Cab, 20,000 miles was
complaining about a real bad squeak coming from the front end.
So we both went out to the parking lot to take a look at his Dak, As we
were walking up to his Dak,
I pointed out that his Dak was a little lower on the left hand passenger
side.

So I bent down and looked under the front left and notice the rubber
bushings on the front left hand side sway bar didn't look to good, you
could see were the bushings looked liked they moved a little bit or
something.
I told him thats what I think is causing the squeaking.

Well I decided to measured from the bumper to the ground
(Blacktop Parking lot= level) and there was 5/8's difference from the
right side and left side to the surface.

Well he took the Dak back to the dealer and they replaced the bushings
on both sides. GREAT no Squeaking anymore, BUT the DAK is still lower on
the left side.

Ok here's the $64,000 question, I told him its a Torsion Bar adjustment
and the same thing is gonna happen to the bushings,
am I correct on this folks?

Oh yeah the dealer told him he needs Roters and pads soon, just like my
2000 Dak, V8 Club Cab Replaced..... at 14,000 miles,........YIKES......

So am I right on the Torsion Bar adjustment, or could it be something
else?

Thanks,
Rick