RE: Excessive Oil Consumption revisited

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 13:22:29 EDT

Wes,
Depending which oil filter you use, it can take up to another quart of oil
to fill the filter after a change. After changing the oil, crank up your
engine and run it for about 30sec. Turn it off and let it sit for a good 5
minutes. This will allow the oil to drain bck down from the block, then
check the level and top off.

You say its not leaking, and you obviously can't be burning a quart a week,
or you'd look like a mobile "smudge pot". This is the only thing that makes
sense.
Rich - Ashburn, VA