Re: Stall Convertor

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 10:33:02 EDT

At 04:00 AM 7/4/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I dont know if you're on the right track, but what the heck is the "K" factor
>and how do I apply it towards figuring out what stall to get for my 390
>stroker? John S

MP has used the K-factor ratings for their convertors for quite awhile.
I also just found out thatGM ranks their converters by the "K-factor"
as well but don't know if they are the same.

The K-factor indicates torque capacity and the resultant stall speed
and is considered a more reliable indicator for comparing convertors.

I believe for MP non-lockup convertors,
    145K = 1900-2100 stall speed
    166K = 2250-2350 stall speed
    175K = 2400-2500 stall speed