Re: My dak...

From: Got-Speed \(Marty\) (Got-Speed@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 18:39:29 EDT

Eric,
I dropepd the rear on mine and it is just a bolt that goes through the
hangar. It is torx I beleive on one end and a nut on the other. You need to
make sure you take the weight off the axel, put it on jsck stands or
something while on the lift and lower the lift unitll the axel is pushed up
somewhat. then beat the bolt back through the frame (there is a hole in the
frame for this). I used the Western Chassis kit and they had to replace the
bolts for the leaf springs, I cannot recall if they were too long or too
short. Also make sure you use grade 8 bolts and nuts. This is a
requirement.... a safety thing.... they are the only bolts that will hold up
to the weight, they cost a bit more but its worth it to keep your axel on
the truck and not on the road somewhere. Also when hammering the bolts out
use either a 3/8" or a 1/4" extension to help beat them through (cannot
recall what size will fit). Also use the grade 8 bolts on the hangars, and
torque em down good. Feel free to email me direct if needed, I might be able
to help.

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed

""Eric Jerman"" <ejerman69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello to the few of you that are still at home online...Seeing as how my
dak
> is down at the moment I am stuck here on base doing piddly little things
> it while I have the time off...
> yesterday I adjusted the TPS and noticed an improvement in
> acceleration...today I installed 3923's that I bought a month ago (LOL)
and