Re: Fwd: BBQ: Oh the humanity!

From: Dakota Dodge (dakotasdodge@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 10:57:32 EDT

Jason,
The thought has already been there. What im attempting to do is have them
remove the transfer case, and just run the driveshaft to the rear. Bypass
the transfercase, and when i getback home, look into exactly that..and
upgraded t-case.
It already apart..and it apartently is a weak part..so....

Now wasnt the Jeep Cherokee Guy that was towed the one who MAKES the t-cases
for our trucks?....hmmm... i think it was done on purpose...hehehe..

-Dakota

> > I blew apart my transfercase on the highway. I cracked it at highway
> > speeds in half 80 miles from Jon's house

>Dakota, here's a silly thought for you:
>
>If you end up needing a transfer case, might it be time for an Atlas II?
>Or at least some 4:1 gears? I don't know if there are any 4x4 drivetrain
>shops around where you are, but they might know more about beefing up
>transfer cases than a dealer would. All the dealer can do is put it
>right back the way it was before it broke.
>
>(How's that saying go again? "As long as you're there anyway, might as
>well upgrade.")
>
>--
>Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
>his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
>hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black

Dakota Dodge
Profile at:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/XgAJPmbQu2jpA/profile.htm
Truck Home Page: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com