Re: Fwd: BBQ: Oh the humanity!

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.news@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 20:40:39 EDT

On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:57:46 -0400, Dakota Dodge wrote:

> Jason,
> The thought has already been there. What im attempting to do is have
> them remove the transfer case, and just run the driveshaft to the rear.
> Bypass the transfercase, and when i getback home, look into exactly
> that..and upgraded t-case.
> It already apart..and it apartently is a weak part..so....
>
> Now wasnt the Jeep Cherokee Guy that was towed the one who MAKES the
> t-cases for our trucks?....hmmm... i think it was done on
> purpose...hehehe..
>
> -Dakota

Hmmm... I think the transmission is different between the 4x4 and the 2wd
models, due to the fact that ours has to mount to the T-case. On a 2wd,
the slip yoke is part of the tranny. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Good luck, whatever you figure out. I'm curious to hear how it turns
out.

(I'm secretly a bit envious, as I've been waiting for a good excuse to
replace my stock case with an Atlas... but don't tell Norah :-).

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario