Not spared from DML BBQ carnage!!! AAAHHH!!!

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 19:26:19 EDT

I spoke too soon. How do I put this, "I'm F'd." (Note the big
F). Apparently I sent two quarts of oil through the tail pipe
on the way home (350 miles). I checked the level before I left
Jon's and it was at about 3/4 which is where it was before going
to the BBQ. I climbed in the truck this morning to go to school
and noticed a bit of black smoke upon acceleration; I thought it
strange, and made a mental note to check the oil level when I
got home. I got to school fine but on the way home the engine
sounded noisier than usual. At home, I happened to look near
the tailpipe and noticed that the mud above it was black with
soot. I checked the oil level and the dipstick basically had
about a single drop on the end. I put a quart in and to my
horror, it only raised the oil level up to the minimum amount!!!
 I put another quart in while making up new combinations of
four-letter words and that brought it to full. I started it and
the engine basically sounds awful. I think I've got nasty
noises coming from both the top and bottom end. When I turn it
off, I get a ticking noise eminating from the engine. Any ideas
on what I did and what I need to do? Did overheating it a
couple times on the trail do this? I assume I shouldn't drive
it anymore? I really don't have time to hassle with this right
now; I'm WAY behind on my thesis. Damn, I hate being F'd.

=====
Later,
JY
Fairborn, OH '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Pics -- http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak