Re: Update / Good Deal!

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 01:05:35 EDT

The cardboard ones have been replaced with a insulated plastic. I have done
a lot of trimming and sealing of joints and gaps in the heat shield to keep
out the engine heat. After driving the truck and stopping and checking under
the hood, the area with-in the heat shield is just as cool as the outside
air. I mean cooler then the engine compartment air. No such thing as "cool"
air this time of year in TX :p The A/C lines are covered to help keep the
heat down from/to them. One fast yank on the mounting bracket of the cruise
control module took care of that little problem.

One of these years I'll get a "round-to-it" and updated the photos on my web
site.

--
Don Mallett

- -----Original Message----- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:13:58 -0600 From: "Canucker Trucker" <mal5@ualberta.net> Subject: Re: DML: Update / Good Deal!

BTW, nice truck you have .. looks like a lot of the same mods I have coming to me! My heat shielding looks similar to your cardboard ones (except they're outta galvanized steel). The only difference is the one that runs along the side of the filter: mine is extended forward a little further and angled a bit toward the driver side and then sticks out front right beside the rad .. I'm not sure if your A/C lines will get in the way or not ... I don't have A/C (at least it looks like A/C lines from the pics on your website)

PS was it as big a pain for you to get around the cruise control module as it was for me!?