Re: Not spared from DML BBQ carnage!!! AAAHHH!!!

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 21:48:12 EDT

On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 23:25:16 -0400, jon wrote:

> Yeah I'm trying to figure out the same thing! There was a lot more
> water at Daktoberfest.

I'm kinda wondering if the mud just lulled us in to a false sense of
security and overconfidence before it took its revenge. I think we might
have been a bit more cautious before we had a string of problem-free runs
under our collective belts.

> Its probably just a string of coincidences. The
> jeeps just seem to have a weak design as far as the alternator locations
> (and distributors) go - that seems to have been the main problem there.

I'll agree with that. Especially the XJs -- I've seen the same thing
happen on other trails. Plus the owner had to crawl *under* the thing to
replace his alternator, which tells you where it is.

> The mud pit didn't seem to be too much of a challenge for anyone -
> it was definitely harder after it was stirred up, but it didn't seem
> like a sticky sort of mud that would drag you down...

It occurrs to me that this whole mud pit is kinda my fault, isn't it? I
was the one who first showed you the Four Wheeler "Top Truck Challenge"
video, which I think was where the idea came from. (Feel free to be
irritated with me for giving Jon ideas if you took damage there.)

Guess we're not up to "Top Truck" standards yet :-).

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario