Re: DML BBQ: Oh the humanity!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 23:39:05 EDT

Jason Bleazard <jason.dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

: On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:11:47 -0400, jon wrote:

:> Hmmmm, I DO usually take a week off to go to Oshkosh which I
:> won't be doing this year so I guess technically I may be able to take a
:> week off somewhere... :-)

: You're not going to Oshkosh this year? Bummer. Come to think of it,
: Carlisle is coming up... haven't heard you say anything about that
: either. What, did you cancel all your trips to work on the 'Cuda or
: something?

  Well, I guess its not 100% official, but as things sit right now,
I am thinking of not going to Oshkosh this year. (First year I
will have missed it since I started going in 96 or so.) Why, were
you planning on going? :-) A big part of the motivation is
definitely the cuda - I want to get it running and at least get
a chance to drive it *some* this summer. :-(

  Carlisle I am planning to be at. :-) I'm leaving tomorrow,
actually. (thursday am) Convoying down with Rich and Jim.

:> You might want to contact Advanced Adapters - they have a contact
:> form on their web site at http://www.advanceadapters.com/ where you can
:> specify what you want to do and they will get back to you...

: That's what I'd do. They have a good reputation for being knowledgable
: about how to make weird things work very well. I'm sure that if they
: don't know offhand how to put an Atlas in a Dak, they could find out
: pretty quickly. Then you'd know exactly what you're getting in to,
: rather than just conjecture from a couple of people who wish they could
: do the same swap :-).

   Hey, I resemble that remark! ;-)

:> Here I go again trying to spend other people's money! Jason Bleazard
:> can vouch for that! ;-)

: Wasn't this one my idea initially? Actually, I think we can trace your
: Ram back to my bright ideas :-). Jon has lots of good ideas for what to
: do with my money, if I had any. Fortunately, I don't, otherwise I'd have
: done a solid axle swap, put a diesel engine in there, an Atlas T-case,
: winches, bumpers, and so on.

   Yeah, I keep trying to sink Jason into debt too but somehow he
resists. So, he's winning. ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'