RE: Well, I escaped the worst

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 09:15:40 EDT

       Dealer's looked over the Dak. Tranny's healthy. They pulled the
code,
      checked things out, and it's not damaged. Couldn't reproduce the
      problem. The working theory now is that a sensor or 2 got soaked, and
      needed to dry out and regain its senses.
      I'm done with the pit. Never again. Trails fine, all that water, no
way.

Andy,
I'm really glad to hear that there was no damage to you transmission. As
others have written, I believe that most of the problems with engines and
anything electrical have been caused by the impact of the water due to the
velocity. I feel really fortunate that I have had no problems so far.
Dodge's design of the airbox and induction is very successful in keeping
water from getting to the filter. When I disassembled mine earlier this
week, I found silt in the bottom of the airbox but no indication that it had
gotten to the filter. If I had been running with an aftermarket cold air
system, I most likely would have had serious problems. This would be a good
reason for anyone who converts the induction to keep the original parts for
events like ours in the mud pit.