Re: Dakota won't go above 800 rpm : Update

From: WP (puzlist@mn.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 12:15:41 EDT

I put a scanner on it, and most thing look ok as far as the sensors are
concerned. There's nothing stuck at one setting, and the readings look
ok. Except maybe for the O2 sensor. That reading swings around quite a
bit. Anywhere from .19v to .80v. As I step on the throttle, I can see
the vacuum drop, and the timing advance drops to 0, but no power. It
also stays in 'closed loop' until about half throttle. I guess the next
thing I'll do is put a fuel pressure tester on it & see if it's getting
enough gas. Is sure seems to idle smooth if I leave it alone. If I let
up on the gas suddenly, it'll stumble down to about 200 RPM, then recover.

I tried to perform one more scan before I came back into the house, and
the computer has stopped responding to the scanner. I can still monitor
all the sensors, though. Weird.