Re: Dakota won't go above 800 rpm : Update

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 15:43:00 EDT

At 11:15 AM 7/13/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I put a scanner on it, and most thing look ok as far as the sensors are
>concerned.
>There's nothing stuck at one setting, and the readings look ok. Except
>maybe for
>the O2 sensor. That reading swings around quite a bit. Anywhere from
>.19v to .80v.

A functioning O2 sensor is supposed to be that so you're okay there.

>As I step on the throttle, I can see the vacuum drop, and the timing
>advance drops to
>0, but no power.

As throttle opens, vacuum dropping aok, timing advance dropping to 0 is
not AOK.
Need to try and find out why. Need to find if crank position sensor and/or
cam position
sensor are performing properly or that their circuits are aok. Do you get
any abnormal
sounds when trying to go above 800 rpm?

HTH. Bob.