Re: Mopar engine builder claims stock Magnum engine rocker arms are 1.74 ratio instead of 1.6

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 00:43:12 EDT

Sounds reasonable to me, but wouldn't the end result of what happens at the
valve be more important than measuring the rocker?

Has anyone on the list actually measured the stock rocker vs. a 1.7 or 1.6
roller kit?

John

<snip>
 From what I can tell the rocker ratio should be something like the
ratio of the lengths of each side of the center of rotation; that is,
if the distance from the point of contact with the pushrod is 1 inch
from the center of the pivot, the point of contact with the valve "stem"
is 1.6 inches from the pivot (on a 1.6 rocker).
<unsnip>