Swaybar(s)

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 14:40:05 EDT

Ok, I've had it up past my eyeballs with the marshmallowy handling of my
Dak. While I am considering lowering the beast, the first thing I need to
do is get at LEAST a front swaybar on my '92 Sport. Sure, the thing will
haul ass in a straight line, but things get scary when there are turns
required (and I like my turns!) Did front swaybars ever come OE on GenII's?
What's churning through my mind is going wrecking yard diving this week to
scavenge a stock front swaybar and installation hardware, and perhaps get a
urethane bushing kit for it. But first, I need to know whether I would find
what I'm looking for if I go to the wrecker's.

I realize that most of you are probably doing dry heaves over my plan... but
bear in mind that I'm going to be attending university in the fall, and
books are damned expensive. I am willing to consider getting an aftermarket
piece, but that would be after failing with the other options.

Thanks for any help.