Re: Re: '97 Dak 2.5L Died? auto shutdown relay chatters?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 17:13:21 EDT

At 12:56 PM 7/17/02 -0400, you wrote:
>But would the CTM also kill the engine/ cause the auto shutdown relay to
>chatter??? I'm stuck rite now between buying a new PCM for $400+ or looking
>at the CTM you mentioned?!?!?!? Tony.

It shouldn't kill the engine but, with many of the sensors/circuits
inter-related
by the pcm, it could happen.

I would have the battery checked to make sure it's up to speck. The CTM is
known to act up if juice to it drops below a certain point. The other look-see
for the CTM is, as I mentioned, a loose or faulty ground. As for killing
the engine, I've recently read a few messages (not just on this list) where
the culprit is a failing/faulty crankshaft position sensor.

It's the first time that I seen anything about a 'chattering' auto.
shutdown relay
being reported though.

Bob