Re: Front Brake Rotors Warping

From: tmfu (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 23:08:44 EDT

Paul Bullerman wrote:
> Lance
> Dont machine them, your taking more metal off a cheap rotor, leaving less
> metal to absorb and dissipate the heat. They will just warp faster.
> I sell cheap rotors all day as an auto parts store manager, if I can sell a
> rotor for a cavalier for 12.50, it probably cost 5.00 or less.
> Do yourself a favor, put out money for a quality set of rotors. They dont
> have to be slotted, cross-drilled or ribbed for her pleasure...hehe..you'll
> never see braking conditions to utilize that technology, unless you drag
> race or rallye race all the time. Get a set of Raybestos PG plus rotors
> ("blue-box", not the "Raymold") or Bendix brand name (be careful to make
> sure they are bendix- alot of cheap companies use their part numbers). The
> QS Raybestos pads are good, but about 20.00 more than Bendix Titanium
> metallics, which dont dust as much as the stock pads and provide excellent
> braking.
> Just my .02.
> Paul

I don't know if Hawk makes pads and shoes for Dak's but I just put
Hawk HPS pads and shoes on the Neon since I do AutoX heavily with the car.
They definitely make a whole lot of difference!. EBC makes some
excellent produts too. I would have put EBC's on the Neon but they are
backordered until sometime in December.

Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES
Rahway, NJ