Re: INDIGLO DASH PPL PLEASE HELP !!!

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 15:16:33 EDT

Ok Eric, take a deep breath. I just install a replacement gauge face from
Nuimage on my Dak. Its pretty simple, but you gotta put the gauge cluster
back in and make SURE you know where the needles are supposed to be when
the truck is running at idle. Draw a diagram of them or do what I did, and
use a digital camera to take a pic of the gauges. They should have sent you
a small tool that looks kinda like a fork to slide under the needles to get
them off. If they didn't send you a needle removal tool, very carefully
slide a table fork, tines pointing up under each of the needles and
carefully pry them up and off the shafts. I am assuming you already have
the gauge cluster removed, the clear lens off and all that done. Now, to
remove the factory gauge face, they are simply glued down. Its just a thin
piece of plastic. Use a knife to peel up a corner and then pull it the rest
of the way off. Make sure you clean off the old gauge face mount area as
sometimes some of the glue can remain. I found out the light mask on a
replacement gauge face isn't quite as dark as the factory and also the
factory placed small strips of insulation around all the idiot lights at
the bottom of the cluster. Since my new gauge face doesn't have that, some
light "bleeds" over and is noticeable, more so around the needles. Once you
have the new face installed, replace the cluster back in the truck. Do not
install the needles, cover glass or trim ring yet. Start the truck and
install the needles where they were according to you pic or diagram you
have. Shut the truck down, remove the cluster, re-assemble the trim ring
and cover glass, and re-install the cluster. If you need more detailed
instructions, with pics, I got some really good information from Chuck at
http://www.intense99dak.com/. He did something along the same lines and
reading what he did first really helped me understand what I was getting
into.

Good Luck

Ray Irons
Dover, DE