Karsh's questions

From: Karsh (karsh@cox-internet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 09:34:47 EDT

Hey everyone, I'm an old member returning with a few questions. I have
a 2001 QC 4X4 with a 4.7. First question. Haas anyone else had any
problems with the brakes feeling like they are not stopping properly.
Mine will function normally under normal braking and even harsh braking
but at times when I slam the pedal through the floor it feels as if the
brakes apply but continue to let the wheels turn. Kind of like a the
hand brakes on a bike not being strong enough to stop the rotation on a
down hill run. I've had the truck to the dealer several times since I
had about 9K miles. They don't find anything but it just concerns me.
I also have a jerky kind of feeling from the brakes under this same
application of brakes. Second question, Has anyone had any trouble with
the tranny. After my truck has set all night long will fell as if it's
still in a high gear when I drive off for the first time in a day. I
get it rolling just a bit and things run just fine after that. So with
that said if anyone has had any of this happen what did they do and have
they got any fixes or answers? Thanks in advance.

Karsh