RE: Karsh's questions

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 10:18:54 EDT

I have the same year QC with the 4.7 and I have noticed the brake
problem myself. It only occurs after I have had to hit the brakes
somewhat hard and then have to do it again within a few seconds. Feels
like trying to set on a rock and they won't budge then when they do it
jerks. The one thing I was told (I have 4 wheel antilock brakes) is that
the abs systems takes a lot from the master cylinder and it takes a few
seconds for it catch up. I'm no expert on brakes, and the abs brakes are
great, but that seems a little unsafe. I have a local garage I take my
vehicles to for various things and when they are out of warranty and he
said it's because they used a cheaper master cylinder that doesn't
produce enough pressure quickly enough to recompensate. Again, don't
know but I've driven several other cars with 4 wheel abs and none of
then did it except the Chrysler ones. As for the tranny I've noticed the
same thing like some days it just gets up and goes while others it seems
like it is always in the wrong gear. My father GC was doing the same
thing and he had the fluid changed and it stopped. HTH

Jeff Durling
Systems Administrator
(954) 741-9742
jdurling@wdci-telecom.com