DIY Fender replacement?

From: Jack Snodgrass (jack+nntp@cybermail.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 08:00:07 EDT

I need ( it's been like this for 4+ years... so I guess
that I don't really 'need' it... ) to replace the front
fender on my 97 Dak. A bodyshop will charge me $1250.00.

That's about $1000 more than I want to spend to fix the
big dent in my fender.

I found a place on the Internet where I can get a
pre-painted OEM fender for around $250. The dodge part
is $455 + paint....

If I had a $250 fender, what's the likely hood that
I could remove the existing fender and install the
new one? Is it a couple of bolts... or would I have
to do some spot welding? Anyone have any experience
with this?

Thanks - jack