Re: DIY Fender replacement?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 19:56:18 EDT

Hey, Jack.

<snip> If I had a $250 fender, what's the likely hood that
I could remove the existing fender and install the new one? Is it a couple
of bolts... or would I have
to do some spot welding? Anyone have any experience with this?<snip>

I don't have the "experience", but I do have the 2K Bible (FSM). It's got 17
detailed steps to removal of the left front fender & 15 steps to remove the
right one...no welding cited in the Bible...If ya want the steps, email me
off line & tell me which fender...Bernd can confirm whether or not the 97 is
the same as the 2K...I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be, but hey! I'm
old & WTF do I know anyway? LOL

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K 0n AIM)
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4

Home Page: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/