RE: Need an opinion on wreck discloser

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 13:44:40 EDT

Report the dealer to the states attorneys office. She should have a copy
of the disclaimer from the dealer. Then I would explain to the dealer
how you just love to go visit courtrooms. In Florida you have to be
given notice on anything that has been done to the vehicle. In your case
you have that. I would also find out if your state has a title for
vehicles such as this. Again, in Florida if it's never been titled and
then a dealer sells after it was wrecked there is a special title that
has to be obtained for it. This title lists that the car was damaged.
Only the purchaser (and not a dealer or broker) can have this removed.
Finally, and most important, have a very good collision repair shop look
at the car and determine what the problem actually is. You need definite
proof that the car was wrecked and in writing. If proven I would also
report them the Volvo, and the state auto dealers association.

Jeff Durling
Systems Administrator
(954) 741-9742
jdurling@wdci-telecom.com