Re: Replacing my fan shroud

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 23:32:27 EDT

Granpa Silver89 wrote:

> In theory you probably could cut it in half with a dremel and then bolt
> the two halves back in place.using epoxy might not be necessary. The
> bolts themselves should hold the shroud in place. But then again -
> epoxy can't hurt. The slower setting ones are stronger. Only drawback
> from that method I can see - is that it might not look as nice. Thats
> about all I can tell ya Andy - good luck!

I thought about this, but I wanted the extra insurance. Guess I can cut
it (forget a Dremel; I'll saw it) and bolt it in, then see how it feels.
  I'm not terribly worried about strength, just securing it, and I don't
want to have to wait 12 hours to drive the thing. Maybe this weekend I
can attack it.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com