Re: Replacing my fan shroud

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 05:23:33 EDT

Hmm - only thing I have to do on my old Gen I to remove/install the fan
shroud, is to unbolt the clutch/fan blade assembly from the water pump.
4 bolts - nothing to it. Obviously not the same on a Gen III...

  I suppose you could cut the corner and try to work it around and back
into place. However if you do it that way - be sure to warm the shroud,
leave it in the sun for a while maybe... make it more flexable.

In theory you probably could cut it in half with a dremel and then bolt
the two halves back in place.using epoxy might not be necessary. The
bolts themselves should hold the shroud in place. But then again -
epoxy can't hurt. The slower setting ones are stronger. Only drawback
from that method I can see - is that it might not look as nice. Thats
about all I can tell ya Andy - good luck!

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow