RE: Dakota a half ton (was: Gooseneck Hitch)

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 08:33:31 EDT

I haven't weighed my truck, but I believe there was a discussion on how
much the truck weighs and the consenus was for a regular cab, about 3500
lbs. I checked the sticker inside the drivers door fame on my 98 RC and it
lists the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) at 4750 lbs. Figuring driver
weight at about 200 lbs, this allows for a payload of a little over 1000
lbs. Something to remember though, the GVWR has only to do with the amount
of weight the truck can carry as payload and not the amount of weight it
can tow. Best bet though is to double check on the towing capacity with the
local Dodge dealer, get the weight of the trailer and the tongue weight and
figure out if you're within both towing capacity and GVWR.

HTH

Ray Irons
Dover, DE