Re: Dakota a half ton (was: Gooseneck Hitch)

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 08:50:05 EDT

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 23:52:50 -0400, andy levy wrote:

> Vic wrote:
>
>> Seem's like with a gooseneck you are going to be putting a lot of
>> tongue weight on the truck. One time I hauled a load of sand in the
>> back of my truck about half full. It's a Quad, so I've got the shorter
>> bed. The truck sagged like crazy and handled very poorly due to the
>> load. I'll never do something like that again.
>
> That's nothing. You haven't lived till you've seen a '95 move a couple
> hundred gallons of water (in the bed!) and then nearly jump off the
> ground as the suspension decompressed. You wanna talk fun!

Heh, heh, heh... yeah, that was pretty interesting. Too bad we didn't
get any better video of it. That was okay for the couple of hundred
yards we had to move the water, but I don't think I'd want to try to
drive on the street with that much weight in the bed.

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario