Re: RE: Totaled

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 00:14:11 EDT

Brian Gonzales wrote:
> Oh yeah, I forgot to axe my questions. Heh.
>
> I went to the body shop to review the damage Of course they told me
> they'd fix my truck (cha-ching). I really rather not have them replace
> the entire frame despite bodyshopboy's assurance that it would be
> 'better than new'. I loved my Dakota, but I've heard entirely too many
> sob stories after frame damage. Would any of you consider a new frame on
> an old truck? I didn't.

Neil's Dak has a Service frame under it. He got nailed at a right angle
at the left front wheel and it whacked the frame pretty good. Aside
from the front suspension and some frontal body work, his original '99
is riding on a replacement chassis. Seems to do pretty well.

> Any idea how much the resale value of a truck drops after such an
> accident?

If it's been totalled, it'll have a salvage title on it and not be worth
a hell of a lot.