My Baby's Sick Need to Vent

From: Brian Mingle (bsm11@cornell.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 10:01:36 EDT

Just took my truck in to have the transmission looked at, I knew it was
bad, and found out both upper ball joints were bad as well. The left upper
being the worst. I asked if it was safe to drive while I waited for the new
transmission to arrive, they said NO WAY. So, I am now without my truck for
about a week. :-(

Here's what has my blood boiling. All the work that is being done, is
extended warranty work; However, the dealership is trying to charge me for
the front end alignment it will need, once the new ball joints are in. This
is cause and effect, and I don't feel that I should have to pay for the
alignment, because it is caused by the ball joints being replaced, and I
feel that it is part of the procedure to put the truck back to the way it
should be. Am I wrong in thinking that? They are also charging me for
rotating the tires, which I didn't ask them to do because I was planning on
buying new tires in a couple of months. The left front tire has a weird
spot on the inside, hence the inside tire wear question I asked about a
couple of weeks ago, so they took it upon themselves to rotate the tires,
and now want to charge me for doing so. Can they do this and charge me for
it? Last, but not least, they are also charging me for all the fluids,
cleaning solutions, ect. Is this standard operating procedures on extended
warranty work?

This is the last time I am having the dealership, where I bought the truck,
do any work to it.

Brian S. Mingle
1998 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4X4
5.2 Magnum V8