Re: My Baby's Sick Need to Vent

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 10:19:43 EDT

Charging for fluids is normal. They are not covered under warranty.
The alignment I agree with you, but the warranty may trat that like the
fluids.
Performing work you did not request and then trying to charge you for it is
not only unethical, it is illegal. The problem is, they have your truck.
Unless you pay up, you don't get the truck. Pay by credit card, get your
truck, and then notify the credit card co you are disputing a portion of the
bill. The problem there is, they may put a mechanic's lien on the truck.

You may tell them things like you are going to the attorney general, etc,
and see what they do.
They have the upper hand, as like I said before, they have your truck.

Here's one more way to look at it: They can't align the truck with badly
worn tires. Pay for it. They should have told you before they did it, but
your alignment will be correct.
Then, as you said, never go back. Spread the word. Talk to a D/C rep. See
what they can do.

HTH,

Jon
STL MO