Re: (was) Stop the streaks! (now) Truck still dirty

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 00:14:53 EDT

Granpa Silver89 wrote:

> andy levy wrote:
> >
> > And how does that combination do against really nasty bugs & crud?
> > Remember I'm still fighting Steigermud (yes, still on my windshield! it
> > won't come off!)
>
> LOL Andy - I still have Steiger QuickSet Concrete(tm) all over the
> truck's body. There is a nice residue on the rubber window molding and
> trim. I also noticed I have a few nice vertical scratches in my drivers
> side window. I guess some grit got in there when I was rolling the
> window up and down and gouged it. >:-\

Been underneath yet? Every tiem I go under there I find another few
pounds to chip off.

> I really need to give the truck a good washing.

Done that a few times. It'll never end. You will have that mud
literally forever.

> As for cleaning glass - I bought the armorall 3 pack deal. One canister
> of glass cleaner wipes, one of interior cleaner wipes, and one of
> intterior shine/protect wipes. Seemes to work well. Only gripes were
> that you had to go back with paper towls for the glass cleaner because
> they were real wet. And the interior cleaner wipes seemed to leave lint.

I have the interior wipes and agree they do leave a lot of lint. When
it's dry I go over it w/ my California Car Duster to pick that up, then
a good coat of 303 Protectant.