Re: Was New Guy, Now FIPK

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 13:04:56 EDT

I would agree with your findings on the ram air box since the air intkae
tubes are coming in right at the flat point of the truck where there is no
doubt air blasting around going down the roads. What I see in Ron's remarks
are what I have seen with setups that are built into the hood (with the
exception of Gary's scoop... ;-o) Most of these setups are too low and the
front of the truck pushes the fast air up higher than these really pick up.
Granted they still work fairly well but not enough to justify the expense of
the hood. The only hood I beilieve in the cowl hood due to the fact it helps
pull hot air out of the engine bay. My thoughts though.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+ 4.7