Re: Please help! '96 Dakota hood latch failure?

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 18:31:51 EDT

Good idea, thanks.

--
Later,
Jon
jonsdak@midmaine.com
http://jonsdakota.tripod.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.25 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack,  Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund
BugShield, Jensen MP-3310 CD/MP3 Receiver, Pioneer TS-G1347's in front,
TS-A5713's in rear
<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> "Jon" <jonsdak@midmaine.com> wrote:
>
> : The latch does move freely, but I believe that the lot my truck sat in
> : before it was auctioned was near the ocean, because my engine has a ton
of
> : that thin white salty coating stuff on it, (a precursor to corrosion?),
and
> : the hood latch is no exception.  I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to
replace
> : the hood latch too, even though it doesn't appear to be bent or rusted?
By

jon@jonsteiger.com -----.

http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'