Re: classic Chrysler question

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 00:11:55 EDT

My 361 (1966 Plym Sport Satellite convert) was stock 2bbl carb however since
the top side of that motor is identical with the 383 I should think you could
fit an original 383 4bbl intake manifold with no problem. Also, when the 361
first came out in the early 60's it was factory available with a 4bbl which
intake manifold might be what was later used on the 383's? There should be
gazillions of 383 4bbl manifolds around and a variety of carbs to fit. With
the 2bbl, factory dual exhausts each with resonators (but long before cat
converters), the 4sp manual trans and a 3.23 axle, my car had exceptionally
strong performance in 2d gear from as slo as 10mph. When floored from 10 in
2d and kept there by the time red line is reached which was about 4600 as I
recall you were doing almost 80mph and of course there were 2 more gears to
go. Never should have sold that car.

Paul Sahlin