Re: RE: Strange noise on new 2k2 SXT.

From: Gerald Harnage (Socrato@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 00:20:35 EDT

Thanks for the info Val, but alas I believe that is not the problem.
The sound is of air escaping like when you open the valve on a tire.
When I first crank up the truck before I ever turn on the A/C, I hear it
like a steady leak. When I turn on my A/C it becomes a pulsing sound. I
have no noticeable power loss, or warning lights or gauge warnings. Just a
noise that I don't recall hearing before...and wondered if anyone else has
experienced this, and if it is some sort of precursor to an evolving
problem.

2K2 CC SXT 3.9 auto 3.55 Patriot Blue w/graphite gray bumpers and
flares. no mods