Re: mercury cougar 2.5 story

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 23:44:27 EDT

That's awesome, I love it when people are trying to race me and I'm just
driving normally...and still beating them lol Gotta love these trucks :) I
have a friend at work who has a 2001 Corvette, and he keeps telling me he
wants to race, I told him next summer he'll get his race, I just hope he's
ready to have his $50K Vette lose to a $30K Dakota (cost of truck and mods
by that time).

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

"Patrick Delgado" <dadoctah@vitelcom.net> wrote in message news:B98DA336.184FD%dadoctah@vitelcom.net... > > Funny thing happened at work today, an acquaintance of mine came to my > workplace to bow down and pay hommage to Ma mopar and her rude offspring, > the dak R/T: He has a new Mercury cougar w/ a 2.5 V6 and he had previously > been boasting how hot his little car was and how he "beats 5.0's" all the > time. > > "Apparently" he was cruising in the fast lane on the straights at 85(he > claims) when he saw me coming from behind, I passed him on the inside and he > goosed it to no avail. He then pinned his hopes on catching me in the > twisties but was beffudled when after he came out of the curves I was but a > speck in the distance. > > I say apparently because this is how he relates the incident, I remember > passing him but I wasn't racing, I was driving normally w/ the wife and kid > onboard. > > --Patrick Delgado > 2000 FR RC R/T; 9 psi Powerdyne w/ 7-rib pulley, Gatorback belt, F&B stage I > TB, TV cable adj., Homebrewed K&N 0920 behind foglight, MAP boost bypass, > IAT relocation, MSDBTM, MSD 8.5 superconductors, 3923's, MP computer, NO > CAT, katbox, full Hotchkis kit, Bilsteins, 275/50 nittos and 305/45 BFG's, > Jason cap. In possession but not in position; Belly pan plate and traction > bars. > ============================================================== >