Engine Rebuild And Pass the salt

From: Matt Tharp (henryrollins2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 21:44:21 EDT

I am not going to try and start something over this so
please take what I am saying with a grain of salt.
This is what I saw when I was buying my truck last
week.
1) The Big three have 0% APR. This has turned the used
car market upsaide down. KBB or NADA is a starting
point. There is a over supply of used cars and it is a
buyers market. I know alot of people who can not sell
used cars right now. It looks like the 0% APR is till
the end of the year.
2) Banks Charge a higher rate if you buy from a ind.
and not a dealer. I found that most banks will not
even loan money out if you do not buy from a
franchised dealer. The normal increase in the rate was
.5 to 1.0.
3) I bought my 2K Dakota Club Cab 4x4 with a 4.7 auto
it has a very nice ARE shell spray-in bedliner with a
mat over that and R/T wheels with almost new tires.
The truck has 50k on it but is very clean and never
off road and never pulled a trailer. I paid 14,990 for
it. I found a couple of pre-2000 v-8 4x4 for 11-12K so
I am sure that I could have talked them down. But I
wanted a 4.7 motor.

So like I said please take this with a grain of salt I
am not trying to start any thing but you have to look
at the whole picture. I do not want you to put 3K into
a truck thinking you are going to get 13-14 for it and
only turn out 10-11. I know this for a fact I had two
cars for sale and one took me over 8 months to sell
and the other took me 4 months. These were both under
5k.
Just something to think about. I am not sure what a
truck with a bad motor would cost.

Matt Tharp