Air Intake Question

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 00:04:53 EDT

   Has anyone that has the homebrew intake or the other aftermarket open
element intakes on their GEN III had any trouble during a rainstorm??? I am
considering making one for mine, but on the way home the other day, during a
gully washer, the thought came to that if you have the open element right
down in that corner and remove the rubber flap what is going to stop all
that water from being sucked in the intake? I remember blowing a by-pass
hose on my 340 w/an open element filter going down 5 HWY about 80 and she
sure shut down real quick!! Thanks.
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John