Re: Re: 2003 DML Calendar

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 15:15:10 EDT

"Andy Levy" <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:

: "Jon" <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
: news:Pine.LNX.4.21.0210041013260.3877-100000@bent.twistedbits.net...

:> In general, digital pictures are not acceptable unless they are of
: VERY
:> VERY high quality - the resolution of most digital cameras is just not
: high
:> enough, and the compression tends to cause problems with the picture when
:> blown up to the full size. So, unless you had to take out a second
: mortgage
:> on your house to buy your digital camera, its best to just use a 35mm.
:> (If you don't have one, a popular option in the past has been to buy a
:> disposable.)

: Like Jon said, that's "in general". For the 2002 calendar, I know the July
: photo (Neil) was digital and I think the May picture (Jason) is also
: digital, taken with my Canon Powershot G1 3.34MP in super-high quality mode
: at full res. If you've got a good camera, you can pull it off.

  My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I *think* both of those were scanned
from photos. I think I took the pic of Jason, and the photo of Neil's
truck, I beileve I also took the big pic that appears in the calendar,
but the inset was your digital pic. In looking over my records, your
digital pic actually got more votes than the big pic, but the digital
photo didn't scale well, so I was forced to use it as an inset and
use the 35mm for the main pic. (IIRC, that particular photo wasn't
taken at full resolution, I remember you had sent me a couple of
full-on pics from your camera and they were a lot bigger than this
one was.)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'