Re: RE: not a happy camper this morning....

From: UncleDuke (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 16:30:46 EDT

Jeff Durling wrote:
> Sorry to hear about your car. I have been in several accidents myself
> (both hit and run a**holes) and can attest how it feels to have your car
> hit and wonder whether it will ever be the same.

The guy was lucky I didn't make roadkill outta him right then and
there.. But I maintained...

> Not trying to be rude but did anything happen to the Volvo. If that's it
> after what I saw of your car, talk about knowing how to build a car.

Well the Volvo driver ate his airbag, bent his steering wheel, knees
into the dash, his Volvo from the outside didn't look damaged except for
his license plate. His front bumper looked a bit off on the drivers
side. Now what it looks like in the engine compartment may be another
story. I pretty much bounced off of him and into the Camry...

> Back to the point. Where I live we have a very good body shop that I
> wouldn't worry about ever taking something like this too since when he
> was done you would never even know it was hit (he's popular among the
> lease crowd) but if you don't have such knowledge of that good of a body
> shop then just be sure to not let the insurance company let it go until
> it's just like it was before the accident. If you do know of a good shop
> remember that most states give you the right to pick where it will be
> fixed not the insurance company. It then becomes a deal for the shop and
> insurance company to work out the money.

I have a very good body shop down the street. My neighbor's Wagoneer got
mushed in the side(got drilled by an Explorer who blew a stopsign).
Caved in
both doors and bent the B pillar. You cannot tell that the truck was ever
in an accident. The car goes in tomorrow. The adjuster is meeting me
there too..

--
---
Greg