Re: Trap speed vs actual speed (was: A few 4.56 gears Qs.)

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 15:03:42 EDT

Trap speed is the average MPH over that last measured bit of track.

I guess you can use an interpolation of the 1000' to the 1/4 mile to see
what your average acceleration is at the top, and apply it to the last bit.

Get a hold of John Force or one of those guys, I'm sure they have a formula
worked out ;-)

Rading the speedo is useless. Because of several things: 1) it hasn't
caught up yet, and 2) differing tire sizes.

TonyC