Truck back in the shop

From: Jonathan Lumpkin (jonathan@crazy-train.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 22:04:10 EDT

Hi all,

Guess what. My Girlfriends '01 Dak Sport is back in the shop. A couple of
months ago....the right upper ball joint needed to be replaced. Awful
sqeuaking sound from the wheel. IT TOOK 3 TRIES, ancd dodge stilll didnt get
it right. I took it to my dad...and hes the one who pointed out the problem,
and we took it back to dodge and told them what to fix. Now its the other
side. Sinc we were so ticked off from the first time, we decided to call the
owner of the dealership first. We aggreed upon having the crew
inspect/rebuild ther front end (or nesc. parts). If its not fixed at the
dealership...we get to return it basicly as a lemon....and get the money
back for anyother truck (prob a '01+'02 Sport extended cab).

I do have a few questions about this....

1) What could cause both ball joints to go. The thing only has 19k
miles...and only driven on road. Could part of the suspension be messed up?
I have heard something like tie rods or even an axle being bent.

2) The tires have gone bald because of this sususpension problem. Anyone
have any ideas why (also, read my next post).

Jon Lumpkin
Girlfiriend owns - 2001 Dakota Sport, 4X2, 3.9V6, Flame Red, K&N Drop in,