Re: Truck back in the shop

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 22:19:05 EDT

Jonathan Lumpkin wrote:

> 1) What could cause both ball joints to go. The thing only has 19k
> miles...and only driven on road. Could part of the suspension be messed up?
> I have heard something like tie rods or even an axle being bent.

Older Daks ('98-'99 vintage) have had a history of bad balljoints, but I
haven't heard of much on more recent years. If your girlfriend makes a
lot of very tight turns, you may want to check out
http://www.dakota-truck.net/faq/Chassis/gen3_turning_noise.html

> 2) The tires have gone bald because of this sususpension problem. Anyone
> have any ideas why (also, read my next post).

Front suspension problems will sometimes result in bad alignment. Bad
alignment = bad tire wear.