RE: Towing info?

From: Ed McCarrick (edmccarrick@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 10:31:16 EST

Art,

The truck is a 4x4 I tow it 2 -3 times a year. Summer
of 2000 I towed the trailer from western NY to
Oshkosh, WI (650 miles one way) That was before the
Steiger Performance Intake and the Gibson Cat back.
Have towed a number of smaller trips 200-500 miles
round trip. I use a weight distribution hitch setup
but other than that stock, suspension wise. I am
currently running 31 x 10.5 Dunlop radia rover RTs but
did run the stock Badyears to WI. The trailer does
have electric brakes and stops pretty well. I am
still on my stock brakes at almost 42K miles. I do
have a 5 speed and down shift alot (saving the brakes
a litle) plus I like the sound out of the Gibson ;-)

HTH

Ed