Re: Shock Replacement Question

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 17:29:00 EST

Tom, once you've ridden a new set of aftermarket shocks you'll wonder
why you wasted so many years w/ the OEMs. My truck rides better and
corners better than with the originals. It's a little stiff, but it's a
truck, dammit - if I want a cushy ride I'll buy a 300M.

I swapped mine a year ago at 39K. Some Durango people have been
swapping at under 10K. It's definitely worth it! The OEM shocks may not
be worn but there's definitely room for improvement.

If you don't mind a slightly stiff ride, Rancho RS5000s are well under
$200 shipped from Summit, and an afternoon to install.