Re:Re:Re: Fan

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 11:41:10 EST

Don, you can adjust the paddle sizes on the switch
lever to give you varing amounts of "drag" to acitvate
the switch at different mph. A volt/ohm meter with an
audible tone for continuity helps to hear when the switch
opens, in the cab, then note the speed. Electric fan should
cut off at that speed. You need a solid cutoff or you'll
get switch bounce.(Not good for the fan circuit)

George

From: "Mallett, Donald B" <Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com>
Subject: Re: DML: Re:New Fan

> Don, just a SPST switch inside a small Radio Shack plastic project
> box. It has a 4 inch plastic lever and is mounted inside the grill. When
> I'm driving around 40-50mph the ram effect causes the lever to move,
> opening the A/C circuit (green wire on the Hayden kit) killing the 12
> volts to the fan relay.

I'm behind on reading the dml, but that was a lot more simple then I
expected.
- --
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+