FW: [dakotart] Question about Shift Points?

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 17:17:49 EST

Just cleaning out my files and found this gem. Anyone else tried this out?
Worth a whole second????????
Patrick Delgado
----------
From: Dakota807@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:02:51 -0500 (EST)
To: dakotart@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [dakotart] Question about Shift Points?

I have a friend that told me a few years ago when the r/ts first came out
that if you only 3/4 throttle them or so off of the start then the valves
open up all the way. it is kind of like a built in traction control or
something. This would also explain why most magazines try to say a stock
r/t
only runs a 16.0. If you floor it you will notice a big difference than if
you hit it just right. I know I did in my r/t. After you quit spinning
tires, then you lay into it until redline. A buddy of mine g-tec'd his
dad's
r/t at 14.6 in a RC with this little trick. He ran a 15.6 without it. Try
it. I think you will notice a difference. I actually raced two CC R/Ts the
other night and beat them off of the line using this.