Re: Reliving the BBQ

From: Dakota Dodge (dakotasdodge@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 07:37:16 EST

I am constantly being reminded about the BBQ as well...the list of parts
replaced is getting way too long. For a re-cap -

FRONT DRIVE SHAFT bent which, spinning out of round, blew up the
TRANFER-CASE. Replacing that with a new one at Neil's house (Neil, Thank
you, thank you, thank you for the hospitality during my, "adventure") The
transmission went through a lot too, as the
PILOT BEARING seized on me. A week later the
PASSENGER SPINDLE had enough and nearly sent my truck and myself off the
road into the woods. That gets replaced and im back on my feet. Phew.
Almost. A week ago, I start hearing the "warning squeal" for the brakes to
be replaced/looked at. NO prob. A DAY later, The driver side caliper
cracks the pad, sending the brake piston into the rotor. The REASON: THE
DRIVER SIDE SPINDLE went. So, the spindle, both rotors (driver and pass),
and pads are replaced. I somehow saved the caliper piston. I didnt have a
scratch on it...weird. Anyway...I know its not all DIRECTLY replaced to the
BBQ, BUT, it makes me laugh to think that it is. All part of 4-wheeling
right??

-Dakota
http://dakota.4mg.com
I Got Thornbirds Stickies...Hehe

Anyway, if all goes well, in October yall get a first hand glimpse of a
Dakota that casts shade at any time of day and kewl swamper stickies....

Bill Day