Re: Need advice on big road trip

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 00:36:24 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:
> I've identified three possible routes that we can take to go from
> Toronto to Salt Lake City:
>
> 1. I-80 (because it's the shortest)
> 2. I-70 (because it's further south and might have better weather
> 3. I-80 to I-76, then I-76 to Denver, then I-70 (because it avoids the
> worst part of I-80 through WY)

How about taking I-69 to Lansing, MI then turning south towards
Indianapolis, then pick up I-70 there? You'll avoid both Detroit and
Chicago this way.

Along any major interstate you'll find 24 hour gas stations and truck stops.

Around Christmas, the weather issue will be a crapshoot, really.

And no, I don't think you're insane, in fact these days travel by car or
rail is a lot less stressful and for trips under 6 hours it's actually
faster once you figure in security, etc. at the airport. Plus I just
enjoy road trips.